Did you know that for every $100 you spend at a local business, $46 is recirculated back into the local economy?
That’s one of the reasons LIFT is focused on local entrepreneurs and creatives: your businesses are the best way to achieve long-term economic stability and resilience in our Vancouver Island communities.
That’s why every month we celebrate local by giving away prizes for Instagram “selfies with local business.” It’s easy to play:
- Find one of our participating businesses (see our directory);
- Take a selfie with an owner or staff member;
- Post it to Instagram with a few words about the business (eg. their website or Instagram @name), add the #LIFTVIP and #BCBuyLocal tags, and you’re in to win!
How LIFT businesses benefit
Think of this as an easy way to generate social media content about your business. Some tips:
- Invite your customers to play;
- Encourage your staff to engage customers to win;
- Encourage other LIFT VIPs play;
- Ask us for a poster or other promotional materials to help promote your business and local business in your community and on the Island.
- Be one of the sponsoring businesses and get weekly social media tags on content you can share on your business accounts.
Thanks to these LIFT VIP businesses for fuelling our “buy local” promotion
Atlas Café, Bosley’s by Pet Valu Courtenay, BodyNetix, Coastal Coworking, Derm Essentials Medi-Spa, Hornby Island Soap & Skincare, Inner Strength Acupuncture and Health, Lupine Art Studio, Laughing Oyster Books, Panther Workwear, Pure Audio Centre Ltd., Sure Copy Courtenay, Toscano’s, My Tech Guys, and The Waverley Hotel.